It has been a hot, dry summer, and around southern Maine conditions have been just right for something unpleasant and unhealthy: bacterial contamination. About a half a dozen freshwater beaches in Maine have been forced to close as a result.
- New Poll: Mills, Moody Tied For Lead In Maine Governor's Race
- Who Is Will Hoar? A Look At An Unconventional Congressional Candidate
- Former President Obama Endorses Maine Democrats For State Senate
- Maine Judge Hears Arguments For Releasing $1.4M In Clean Election Act Funding
- Controversial Republican Activist Uses Loophole To Enter State Senate Race
- Auction Includes Baseball Memorabilia From Mainer Who Was Early Red Sox Player
- Blossoming Bacteria Force Beach Closures During Hot Summer Stretch
- Clean Elections Advocates: Court Order Applies To Another $3.5 Million In Budgeted Funds
- Maine Voters Can Now Request Absentee Ballots Online
- Maine's Two U.S. Senators Opposed To Another Round Of Tax Cuts
This Day in Maine gathers together the news that matters to Mainers. The nightly show features stories from the award-winning Maine Public Radio News team.