Why do we sometimes eat the entire bag of potato chips instead of just a serving (or two)? Why is it so hard to stick to a diet? We'll hear from two experts on why we eat the way we do, how to eat healthier, and the latest news from the world of good nutrition.
Kris Lindsay, MPH, RDN, LP, founder of Mainely Nutrition, which provides nutrition therapy for clients seeking a better relationship with food. Kris formerly worked with the Hannaford Dietitian Program.
Stephan Guyenet, author of The Hungry Brain, which was named one of the best books of the year by Publishers Weekly and called "essential" by The New York Times Book Review. Stephan spent 12 years in neuroscience research and, in addition to being an author, is an international speaker and science consultant.
- Mainely Nutrition's blog post on 'Normal' Eating
- Why do We Overeat? A Neurobiological Perspective (Video)
- Why do We Eat? A Neurobiological Perspective. Part I (Article)
- NYMag's 'The Last Conversation You'll Ever Need to Have About Eating Right'
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous Maine Chapter
- Food Addiction
- Binge Eating Disorder