The sea chantey, once the soundtrack of the Golden Age of Sail, has gone the way of other traditional work songs — relegated to folk festivals, history museums and a few tourist schooners. But in Midcoast Maine, chanteys that have sat in the archives for nearly one hundred years are getting a new life and being put back to work on Penobscot Bay.
Community Advisory Board
- Portland Shows Past Levels Of High Waters To Illustrate Perils Of The Future
- Inside Active Shooter Response Training At Deering High School
- Hepatits A Case Confirmed In Food Service Worker In Caribou
- Collins Joins Senate Democrats In Opposing Trump's Nominee For Federal Judge
- New Task Force Aims To Improve Maine's Juvenile Justice System