Next week, Mainers vote on a People's Veto referendum that will affect vaccination requirements. Question 1 seeks to overturn a new state law that prevents parents from refusing to have their children vaccinated, except for medical reasons. The Yes on 1 campaign says the new law is unnecessary and infringes on personal freedom. The No side says the law is needed to preserve public health.
Maine Public Deep Dive
- Parents' Concerns Driving Both Sides Of Maine's Vaccine Referendum Debate
- The Fundraising Gap Is Narrowing In Maine’s Vaccination Campaign. But Who’s Behind The Spending?
- Maine Lawmakers Consider Bill That Would Shift Mental Health Funds To Crisis Intervention Programs
- Police Trying To Identify Man Found Dead Near Railroad Tracks In Portland
- New Report Finds That Unannounced Active Shooter Drills May Not Make Schools Safer