Maine has had a small but growing aquaculture industry , but a proposal by the Mere Point Oyster Company to build a 40-acre oyster farm in Maquoit Bay in Brunswick has angered many local lobster harvesters. They’ve submitted a petition that would require the state to review its aquaculture permitting rules.
- Pollution Is Personal At A New Abbe Museum Exhibit
- Maine’s Elected Republicans Take Two Tacks On Vice Chair’s Tweets: Condemnation, Avoidance
- Northern Light Health To Pursue Hospital Merger
- Lobster Harvesters Challenge Maine's Aquaculture Permitting Rules
- State Urged To Prevent Exposure To Harmful Chemicals Found In Sewage Sludge