© 2022 Maine Public
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations

Hair Dryer to Blame for Fatal Mobile Home Fire

 Maine state police say a 64-year-old man who was using a hair dryer to heat a water pipe died of smoke inhalation when fire swept through his mobile home in Plymouth.

    State police spokesman Stephen McCausland says the body of Aaron Gray was found after firefighters were called to his home at about 10 p.m. Friday. Investigators say the fire started in the bedroom of the Lower Detroit Road home.

    They say Gray lived alone and was the only occupant of the mobile home at the time of the fire.