Maine Woman Sues Farm After Son Got Sick From Eating Beef
ALFRED, Maine - A Maine woman is suing a New Hampshire farm for negligence after her 9-year-old son got sick from eating beef contaminated with E. coli.
Sarah Monks filed the lawsuit Thursday in York County Superior Court on behalf of her son. The complaint states that Monks purchased ground sirloin manufactured by North Haverhill, New Hampshire's PT Farm from a butcher in June.
Monks' son, identified in the suit as only C.H., became so sick following the meal that he was hospitalized for several days in Maine and later at Boston Children's Hospital.
The boy was one of 14 people who reported sickness following an E. coli outbreak at PT Farm. The outbreak prompted the recall of 8,800 pounds of raw beef in July.
PT Farm didn't respond to request for comment.