Jan. 24: Maine Isn't Washington And A Possible Parallel To Margaret Chase Smith
Welcome to Maine's Political Pulse, this week with Irwin Gratz and Statehouse Bureau Chief Steve Mistler.
Early this week Governor Mills delivered her State of the State Address which featured the theme “Maine is not Washington.” The governor made that distinction a number of times during the hour-long address. She also outlined goals that will require more funding and more cooperation between Maine's major political parties.
Some of what we're talking about:
- Mills' State Of The State: Legislative Leaders See Cooperation On Some Issues, Contention On Others
- Pressure Builds For Maine Politicians To Get Bond Proposals To The Voters In November (2019)
- Virginia Ratifies The Equal Rights Amendment, Decades After The Deadline
- The New England Clean Energy Connect
- PPH: CMP president orders internal review of winter disconnect notices
- We Asked Mainers What They Think About The Senate Impeachment Trial
- NYTimes: Is the Great Lady From Maine Out of Touch? (1972)
Maine's Political Pulse was produced this week by Willis Ryder Arnold. Caitlin Troutman is the digital producer. The theme music is by Rob Holt.