Signups for coverage under the Affordable Care Act began November 1st and end December 15th. Experts expect fewer people to enroll this year as more sign up for MaineCare instead. Also, several thousand people who currently have ACA insurance will be automatically switched to MaineCare (Medicaid.) We’ll discuss the new landscape for medical insurance coverage in Maine.
Joanne Rawlings-Sekunda, director, Maine Bureau of Insurance Consumer Health Care Division
Kate Ende, policy director, Consumers for Affordable Healthcare
Julie Rovner, chief Washington correspondent, Kaiser Health News
Jeanne Lambrew (by phone), commissioner, Maine Department of Health and Human Services
- Maine Bureau of Insurance
- Maine Consumers for Affordable Health Care
- Maine Association of Area Agencies on Aging: 877-353-3771
- State To Help Mainers Sign Up For Health Insurance On ACA Marketplace
- Maine ACA Enrollment Could Drop With Medicaid Expansion
- Trump Is Trying Hard To Thwart Obamacare. How's That Going?
- Heads Up: A Ruling On The Latest Challenge To The Affordable Care Act Is Coming
- What is meant by MaineCare "Quimby" and "Slimby?"