This week a couple of prominent politicians were put on the spot: Republican Sen. Susan Collins by fellow- Republican President Trump, and Democratic Gov. Janet Mills by the proposal to construct an electric transmission line across western Maine. In the latest weekly edition of Maine’s Political Pulse, Maine Public’s Chief Political Correspondent Mal Leary spoke with host Irwin Gratz about these developments.
More from this week:
- Maine's Congressional Delegation Objects To Plan To Declare National Emergency Over Wall
- Trump Declares National Emergency To Help Fund Southern Border Wall
- Emergency Declaration For Border Wall Could Tap Military Funds
- Gov. Janet Mills On Maine Calling: What Priorities and Challenges Does The New Governor See Ahead?
- Mills Warms Up To CMP Transmission Project
- Mills Met With Head Of CMP’s Parent Company As Transmission Line Controversy Continues
- ‘A Very Bad Policy Decision’ Maine Congressional Delegation On Trump’s National Emergency Announcement
Updated 11:11 a.m. Feb. 16, 2019
Originally published Feb. 16, 2019 at 11:07 a.m. ET.