In advance of the June 7 public hearing regarding whether the public will be allowed access to electronic court records, we will look at overall transparency in Maine state government, from access to information through FOIA requests to financial disclosure measures, accountability laws and ethics agencies. A 2015 report by the Center for Public Integrity ranked Maine near the bottom: at 43rd.
- Mal Leary, president, National Freedom of Information Coalition
- Kytja Weir, state politics editor with the Center for Public Integrity
- Sig Schutz, partner with Preti Flaherty and First Amendment attorney
- Center For Public Integrity: Maine gets F grade in 2015 State Integrity Investigation
- Your Right to Know: The Maine Freedom of Access Act