This show will air from 1-3 pm as part of Maine Calling's special coverage of the impacts of COVID-19 on the people of Maine.
With businesses suffering or closing, and people losing their sources of income and livelihoods, what can be done? We speak with Maine's labor and economic leaders to learn how the state is trying to face the challenges of helping to keep workers and businesses afloat amidst the coronavirus emergency.
Heather Johnson, commisioner, Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
Laura Fortman, commissioner, Maine Department of Labor
Kate Ende (call-in), policy director, Maine Consumers for Affordable Health Care
John Egan (call-in), chief investment officer, CEI
Steve Hewins (call-in), president & CEO, HospitalityMaine
- Maine JobLink, career center hotline 1-888-457-8883
- Maine.gov COVID-19 Resources
- Maine Labor Department Update on Unemployment Insurance in Challenging Times
- Finance Authority of Maine COVID-19 Relief Loan Programs
- Senate Reaches Historic Deal On $2 Trillion Coronavirus Economic Rescue Package
- UMaine Extension: Connecting with Maine Communities During COVID-19
- CEI Wicked Fast Microloans
- Maine Consumers For Affordable Health Care COVID-19 Resources