We talk with Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Commissioner Judy Camuso about her background, priorities and goals--and what challenges she see ahead.
Judy Camuso, commissioner, Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife; director, Wildlife Division for MDIFW since 2013, has been with the department since 2007; previously with Maine Audubon; wildlife biologist, avid birder, hunter and outdoor enthusiast.
Don Kleiner (by phone), award winning Master Maine Guide; executive director, Maine Professional Guides Association
V. Paul Reynolds (by phone), Maine outdoor columnist; author of three books; editor, "Northwoods Sporting Journal"
- WGME: Maine biologists propose 16,600 fewer any-deer permits for 2019 season
- Outdoor recreation credited with $8.2 billion annual impact on Maine's economy
- Birding: What to know about spring migration and other ornithological news
- Sun Journal: Deer numbers showing improvement in county
- MDIFW: State Wildlife Action Plan
- MDIFW: Species Planning in Maine
- MDIFW: Landowner Relations
- Sun Journal: Doe permits decrease in Maine
- River herring will not be added to endangered species list