This week, Maine Public’s Irwin Gratz speaks with Senior Political Correspondent Mal Leary and Statehouse Bureau Chief Steve Mistler about the Republican Primary in the 2nd Congressional District.
Historically, the district has leaned conservative, and it did vote for Donald Trump in 2016. But it was represented for years by a Democrat, Mike Michaud, and Democrat Jared Golden won the seat back from the GOP in 2018.
The race to challenge Golden has drawn three Republican contenders.
More to read:
- Former State Senator Eric Brakey On His Bid To Unseat Jared Golden In Maine's 2nd District
- Brakey Leads In GOP 2nd Congressional District Fundraising
- Maine congressional race turns hot after Trump scorches an Eric Brakey ally
- Republicans race to embrace Trump while stumping early in Maine’s 2nd District
- Primary Candidates: Adrienne Bennett & Dale Crafts
- Former State Representative Enters Republican Race For Maine's 2nd District Seat
- Former LePage Press Secretary Bennett On Her Bid For Maine's 2nd District Congressional Seat
- LePage endorses in GOP candidate Crafts in 2nd District
- Primary Candidates: Bre Kidman & Eric Brakey
- Amid Renewed Criticism, Collins Defends Kavanaugh Vote, Says She Thinks She Will Be Reelected
Maine's Political Pulse was produced this week by Willis Ryder Arnold. Caitlin Troutman is the digital producer. The theme music was performed and recorded by Rob Holt.