We talk with legislative leaders about their priorities as the legislative session moves into full swing. Already several hot button issues are emerging, including a proposal idea to create a statewide power authority, greater firearms regulations and a plan to legalize sports betting. We’ll discuss these issues and more.
Matt W. Moonen, House Majority Leader, D-Portland
Dana Dow, Senate Republican Leader, R-Lincoln
- Property taxes hurt low-income Mainers more than ever, but a fix won’t be easy
- Mills’ ‘Executive Order 1’ makes 70,000 more Mainers eligible for health insurance
- Maine Behind The Eight Ball As States Sprint To Legalize Sports Gambling
- Proposal Would Buy Up CMP, Emera Assets To Create Nonprofit Utility
- Debate brewing over gun control bills pending in Maine Legislature