Maine's lobster fishery is vital to our economy. We’ll learn about the status of the lobster population, effects of climate change, potential impacts of tariffs, the role of the lobsterman, and the outlook for the future of the industry.
- Christopher White, science writer and author of "The Last Lobster: Boom or Bust for Maine's Greatest Fishery?"
- Carla Guenther, senior scientist with the Maine Center for Coastal Fisheries
- Bob Steneck, marine biologist with the Darling Marine Center and professor in the School of Marine Sciences at the University of Maine
- Author Christopher White asks, is it ‘Boom or Bust for Maine’s Greatest Fishery?’
- Warming ocean temperatures push lobster populations north
- Maine Is Drowning in Lobsters
- The enigma behind America’s freak, 20-year lobster boom
- Issues Threatening Seabirds Could Extend To The Lobster Industry
- Lobster Research, Monitoring, and Assessment Program
- Gulf of Maine Lobster Forecasting
- Looming bait shortage poses another threat to Maine lobster industry
- Seals were once nearly wiped out from the Gulf of Maine. Here’s how they were brought back.
- Tariffs Hit Maine's Lobster Industry
- To Save Whales, Maine's Iconic Lobster Industry May Have To Change
- Lobster shell disease up slightly in Maine
- Ropeless lobster trap creators aim to save money, whales