Our panel examines the ins and outs of the publishing industry, including: honing writing skills, finding an agent, getting published, and the business of bookselling. We’ll also hear about how bookstores determine which books to feature, and why.
Melissa Kim, editorial director, Islandport Press; author of eight children’s books, one adult guidebook and countless articles for children’s magazines.
Josh Christie, co-owner, Print: A Bookstore; Josh has been a bookseller for more than a decade and is also the author of four books.
Jane Karker (by phone), president and founder, Maine Authors Publishing
- Interview with a Bookseller: Josh Christie
- How to Write a Darn Good Query Letter
- 11 Authors Discuss the Road to Getting a Literary Agent
- 11 Tips on Getting Your Book Published
- More Independent Booksellers Are Getting Into the Publishing Business
- The Basics of Opening a Bookstore
- 20 Years of Amazon.com Bookselling