Author Mira Ptacin has written about a Maine community that has served as a gathering place for spiritualists and mediums for more than a century. We’ll discuss the belief in communicating with the dead as well as connecting with the past, present and future worlds beyond the use of normal senses.
Mira Ptacin, author, “The In-Betweens: The Spiritualists, Mediums and Legends of Camp Etna,” nonfiction, children’s books, New York Times best-selling ghostwriter.
Dr. Barbara Williams, professional psychic medium, healer and medical intuitive who resides in Maine; teaches psychic development; organizes several different spiritual, paranormal and psychic development classes throughout Maine, New Hampshire and California; active participant in paranormal investigations; Ph.D., metaphysics.
Rev. Christina Sillari, minister, First Parish in Portland since 2010; Master of Divinity; master’s in psychology with a focus on yoga and mind/body health; has worked as a therapist, yoga teacher, shamanic practitioner and group leader.
- Camp Etna: A spiritual summer camp run by the Etna Spiritualist Association
- "The In-Betweens: The Spiritualists, Mediums, and Legends of Camp Etna," by Mira Ptacin
- Hard Truth and Deep Trauma Behind Bars: Teaching Memoir Writing to the Women of the Maine Correctional Facility
- Read An Excerpt From Mira Ptacin's "The In-Betweens"
- A Sympathetic Look at Spiritualism Past and Present
- Psychic Mediums Are the New Wellness Coaches
- What’s the Difference Between a Psychic and a Medium?
- What Is Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Claircognizance And Clairsentience?