Maine's Film Scene, From Festivals To Filmmaking
Leading into the Maine International Film Festival, we discuss how it and other festivals – including the Camden International Film Festival and the Maine Jewish Film Festival - are contributing to Maine’s cultural life and economy, and how they’ve grown over the years. We’ll also learn about what’s happening with filmmaking in Maine.
Louise Rosen, former executive director, Maine Jewish Film Festival; founding director, Points North Documentary Forum at the Camden International Film Festival; media executive with over 25 years of experience in the international television and film business, project development, production and distribution
- Indie Film: A 14-hour film, Maine-made shorts and more at MIFF
- The Feel-Good Maine Film Geek of the Year
- MIFF Opening Night: "Blow the Man Down"
- MIFF: "Bongee Bear and the Kingdom of Rhythm"
- MIFF: Maine Shorts
- Maine Film Office
- Maine Media Workshops and College: Filmmaking
- VisitMaine.com: Maine Film Festivals
- Points North Institute: Recovery In Maine
- Portland Museum of Art film offerings broadened by Space Gallery’s Jon Courtney
- MidCoast Film Fest
- Maine Outdoor Film Festival
- International Maritime Film Festival
- Bayside Bowl rooftop film series
- Portland Summer Films
- "Holly Star"