This is the first segment (1-2 pm) of a special two-hour Maine Calling, as part of our coverage of the pressing issues brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this time of crisis, what can people do in the face of loss of income, a plunging stock market, uncertainly in long-term planning, mortgages and other debt?
Guest: Michelle Singletary writes the nationally syndicated personal finance column "The Color of Money," which appears in The Washington Post on Wednesdays and Sunays. Her award-winning column is syndicated by The Washington Post Writers Group and is carried in dozens of newspapers nationwide. She has written three personal finance books, including her latest, The 21-Day Financial Fast: Your Path to Financial Peace and Freedom.
- The Color of Money newsletters
- Maine Unemployment Claims Soar As Coronavirus Spreads
- "When you’re in a financial crisis, it’s hard to think clearly."
- SBA Offering Low-Interest Loans To Small Businesses Hurt By Pandemic
- Evergreen Credit Union's Financial Counseling Program
- Town & Country Federal Credit Union: Tips for Managing Your Money through COVID-19