Fall Foliage: Leaf-Peeping in Maine Brings Tourists and Beauty to the State
With the arrival of autumn, we turn our attention to another one of the state’s great tourist attractions: fall foliage. We’ll learn about the economic impact leaf-peepers have on Maine and about some of the best places to visit to see spectacular fall colors. We’ll also discuss the makeup of Maine's forests, the physiology of trees, and how Maine’s foliage is affect by climate change.
- Steve Lyons, Director, Maine Office of Tourism
- William Livingston, Associate Director for Undergraduate Education and Associate Professor of Forest Resources, University of Maine - Orono
- Stephanie Spera, Assistant Professor of Climate Change & Remote Sensing, University of Richmond Department of Geography and the Environment
- Christie Anastasia, public affairs specialist, Acadia National Park
- Maine foliage starts to show its colors
- The Maine Foliage report
- Acadia & Maine mountains & oceanfront reveal colorful, fall foliage drives in 2019
- Why The Leaves Change Color
- Will Global Climate Change Affect Fall Colors?
- Scientists Want Your Vacation Photos From Acadia National Park
- Acadia National Park Fall Foliage Project
- Maine hikes and trails