This is a rebroadcast of an earlier show (original air date May 26, 2020); no calls will be taken.
We continue our celebration of Maine’s 200th statehood anniversary by examining Maine from the time of the Civil War to the end of the Great War. This is part of our year-long bicentennial series of shows covering Maine history.
Earle Shettleworth, longtime Maine state historian
- Maine200.org: How Maine Is Adapting Its Bicentennial To The Evolving COVID-19 Crisis
- Maine Historical Society
- Maine Memory Network
- Maine History Online: 1870-1920, The End Of The Ocean Highway
- James Gillespie Blaine
- Thomas Brackett Reed: The Most Important Politician You've Never Heard Of
- Arthur Sewall
- Maine Civil War Monuments
- Maine WWI Memorial Inventory Project
- Cummings Guest House Register, Old Orchard Beach, USM Special Collections