Service animals don't just help those who are disabled, and they're not just dogs. We learn about different categories and species of service animals, as well as what regulations exist to stem the trend toward over-using the term 'therapy' animal.
Linda Murray, co-founder and vice president of K9s on the Front Line
John Locke, therapy program at Maine Medical Center
Barbara Archer Hirsch (by phone), Maine Human Rights Commission counsel
- American Kennel Club: Service Dog Training 101—Everything You Need to Know
- What Services do Service Dogs Provide?
- ADA National Network: Service Animals
- Maine.gov: Service Animal vs. Assistance Animal
- New York Times: Is That Dog (or Pig) on Your Flight Really a Service Animal?