It is time again to look at politics in the Pine Tree State.
The legislature is rolling along and a number of state bills are speaking to issues in the national spotlight.
Maine Public’s political reporters Mal Leary and Steve Mistler spoke with News Director Mark Simpson about how Maine's legislative support of a bill that would allow more medical providers to perform abortions fits the national debate on that issue. It's a measure that's gotten a lot of attention this week, and it’s been endorsed by Gov. Janet Mills.
Also in this week's edition the team unpacked the most recent legislative struggle over Central Maine Power's controversial proposed transmission line and update listeners on the state's budget process.
More to read:
- State Senate Passes Bill To Expand Abortion Providers In Maine
- WATCH: The Fight Over Abortion Rights In The U.S.
- Mills Says She Suspects Roe V. Wade Won't Be Overturned
- Missouri Governor Signs Ban On Abortion After 8 Weeks Of Pregnancy
- Federal lawsuit filed to block Alabama’s new abortion ban
- Bill would replace CMP, Emera Maine with a public utility. Here's how it works in Nebraska
- Central Maine Power’s $1 billion project tests unity of Maine House Democrats
Maine's Political Pulse is produced each week by Willis Ryder Arnold. Caitlin Troutman is the digital producer. The theme music is by Rob Holt.