Veterinary News & Advice: Human Challenges Affect Pets—Ticks, Anxiety, Diet, Technology & More
Among the news affecting pets and their owners today: A steep increase in cases of tick-borne diseases; booming interest in the benefits of CBD spills over into the pet world; food recalls and increasingly exotic pet food offerings; the rise in pet insurance and more.
Our veterinary experts discuss the latest news from the world of pet care and answer listener questions.
Dr. Jennifer Copp, Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Ezra Steinberg, veterinary surgeon, Maine Medical Center
- Maine Tickborne Diseases: ‘Steep increases’ reported with anaplasmosis, babesiosis
- FDA Investigation into Potential Link between Certain Diets and Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- AKC: How to Choose the Best Dog Food
- Why some pet owners are turning to CBD to treat their ailing animals
- Veterinarians are dying by suicide at high rates, beset by stress, death, and debt
- Cornell Feline Health Center: How Often Should You Feed Your Cat?
- Can Cats Eat Dog Food?
- Can Dogs Eat Cat Food?
- What Causes Pica In Dogs?
- You’re Definitely Not Washing Your Pet’s Bowls Enough