This is a pre-recorded show, calls will not be taken.
For some, artificial intelligence conjures up images of The Terminator or West World. Others see great promise in AI. Our panel discusses what is technologically possible today. They also forecast the potential power of AI in fields such as medicine and education, but also the potential dangers—from promoting biased or false information, to ethical concerns.
Recorded live at the Frontier in Brunswick.
- Eric Chown, professor of computer science, Bowdoin College
- Stephen Majercik, associate professor of computer science and chair of the computer science department, Bowdoin College
- Fernando Nascimento, postdoctoral fellow in digital and computational studies, Bowdoin College
- Microsoft President Brad Smith Discusses The Ethics Of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence Takes Scientists Inside Living Human Cells
- Everyday Examples of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Amazon Poised to Test Drone Deliveries Powered by Artificial Intelligence
- Why does Beijing suddenly care about AI ethics?
- Should a self-driving car kill the baby or the grandma?
- The Rise of Artificial Intelligence
- AI Is Making It More Difficult Than Ever to Spot a Fake Video
- How AI is transforming Mental Health