It’s time again for Maine’s Political Pulse.
In this special edition of Maine's Political pulse, Maine Public's Chief Political Correspondent Steve Mistler talks with Morning Edition host Irwin Gratz about how the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is likely to affect this year's presidential campaign. And it introduced a new issue into the Senate race between Republican incumbent Susan Collins, Democrat Sara Gideon and independents Lisa Savage and Max Linn.
Mistler and Gratz discuss Collins' vote in favor of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and how that comes into play.
They also talk about what Collins is saying about calls to hold off on confirmation hearings until after the November election, and what her past votes on Supreme Court nominees could portend.
- Hundreds Gather In Portland To Remember Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Collins Under Microscope As Republicans Race To Replace Justice Ginsburg
- Ginsburg's Death A 'Pivot Point' For Abortion Rights, Advocates Say
- Maine Women's Organizations, Advocacy Groups Remember 'Champion Of Gender Equality' RBG
- Trump Says He Plans To Announce Supreme Court Pick Friday Or Saturday
Maine's Political Pulse was produced this week by Willis Ryder Arnold. Barbara Cariddi is the digital producer. The theme music was performed and recorded by Rob Holt.