Water Quality: How Are Conditions in Maine's Rivers, Lakes and Ocean?
Recent reports of bacterial contamination in lakes caused in part by warm temperatures raise the question: What is the condition of the waters around us? We look at the water quality in our lakes, rivers and ocean, and how they measure up for human recreation and environmental health.
Nick Bennett, staff scientist, Natural Resources Council of Maine
Scott Williams, executive director, Lake Stewards of Maine
Don Witherill, co-acting director, Bureau of Water Quality, Division of Environmental Assessment, Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- EPA Water Quality Standards Regulations: Maine
- Lake Stewards of Maine Water Quality Indicators
- Natural Resources Council of Maine Healthy Waters
- Maine Healthy Beaches
- Engaging Citizen Scientists to Evaluate Water Quality Decline
- Biomonitoring Macroinvertebrates
- Blossoming Bacteria Force Beach Closures During Hot Summer Stretch
- Invasive Water Plant Discovered In Maine Lake