Medical Update: News & Advice on COVID-19 Symptoms, Transmission, Treatment & Vaccine
We discuss the latest research and information about Covid-19, including risk factors, long-term effects, and vaccine progress. We'll also hear the medical perspective about questions raised by President Trump's symptoms and treatment for the disease—including what we know about therapeutics and immunity.
Dr. Ingrid Katz, associate faculty director, Harvard Global Health Institute; assistant professor, Harvard Medical School; associate physician, Brigham & Women's Hospital; specialist in infectious disease
Dr. August Valenti, infectious disease specialist and hospital epidemiologist, Maine Medical Center
- Maine’s plan to distribute vaccine stresses racial equity, health care workers and the elderly
- Who will get the vaccine first? Here's where you might land in line.
- A 'herd mentality' can’t stop the COVID-19 pandemic. Neither can a weak vaccine.
- The First Covid Vaccine Will Not Make Life Normal Again
- Big global study finds remdesivir doesn't help Covid-19 patients
- New COVID studies: Remdesivir yes, hydroxychloroquine no
- Extra Pounds May Raise Risk of Severe Covid-19
- Covid-19 death rates are lower worldwide, but no one is sure whether that’s a blip or a trend
- Here’s How the Pandemic Finally Ends
- NY Times Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker
- Coronavirus may linger on surfaces longer than expected, scientists say
- Proposal to hasten herd immunity to the coronavirus grabs White House attention but appalls top scientists