Commissioner Heather Johnson joins us to discuss the economic challenges and opportunities facing Maine, and how she hopes to foster growth and revitalization throughout the state.. We'll talk about topics ranging from: tax relief to community block grants; re-energizing rural communities; the role of tourism in Maine; challenges in housing, wages, and strengthening the workforce; broadband, infrastructure, and more.
Heather Johnson, commissioner, Maine Department of Economic and Community Developoment. Johnson oversees more than two dozen experts across several bureaus whose mission is to help communities and businesses prosper. She has more than 25 years of experience in both the private and public realms. She was formerly director of the ConnectME Authority, where she focused on expanding access to and increasing adoption of broadband connectivity in Maine.
Michael Madore (by phone), town councilor, Millinocket
Betsy Biemann (by phone), CEO, Coastal Enterprises Inc.
- Maine DECD: Community Development Block Grant program
- Mills Nominates State Broadband Official To Be Economic Development Chief
- Mills Says State Needs A Far-Reaching Economic Development Plan
- Janet Mills’ Economic Plan Calls For ‘New Direction’ From GOP’s Status Quo
- Maine Senator Joins Push To Boost Rural Broadband Access
- Former Maine public advocate appointed to FCC broadband group
- 10 Maine projects will benefit from $3.2M in rural economic development grants