Maine has a tradition of using sustainable materials and energy-efficient measures in home construction and design. Now, more homeowners are looking for green design and more builders are incorporating environmentally conscious approaches.
- Bob Muller, developer of Douglas Ridge, a new housing development in Brunswick and owner of Landicity, specializing in building green homes
- Gaius Hennin, president, Shelter Institute
- Steven Konstantino, owner of Performance Building Supply and founding member of Maine chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council
- Chris Corson, founder and technical director for EcoCor
- Info on Structural insulated panels (SIPs)
- National Association of Realtors Green Designation
- What is a passive house?
- Science Friday - Changing Behaviors To Save Energy
- As Storms Batter Electric Grid, More Mainers Consider Cutting The Cable
- HGTV on High-Performance Homes
- NOW on PBS: Save Energy, Save Money, Save the Planet
- Toward a Smarter Grid
- Sustainable Construction program at Kennebec Valley Community College
- Barclays launches new build mortgage with lower rates for energy efficient homes
- Maine Calling on Indoor Air Quality