Chickens: How to Raise Them and Why They Matter
What does it take to raise backyard chickens? We’ll learn about the steps and equipment involved, health and safety issues, and what benefits and challenges arise from having chickens. Fresh eggs anyone?
- Lisa Steele, author, entrepreneur, found of Fresh Eggs Daily; she has a "chicken lifestyle" show and a new book
- Anne Lichtenwalner DVM PhD, Associate Professor of Animal and Veterinary Sci. Director: UMaine Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Cooperative Extension and School of Food and Agriculture
- Colt Knight, University of Maine Cooperative Extension, Assistant Professor of Extension — State Livestock Specialist
- Robert Sanford, Professor, Department of Environmental Science and Policy, University of Southern Maine
- What you need to know to raise chickens in your backyard
- A cultural history of the chicken
- Info on chickens from Fresh Eggs Daily
- CDC warns that keeping backyard chickens comes with ahealth risk
- 6 Poultry Health Problems(and How to Deal With Them)
- Free-Range Vs. Pastured Poultry: What’s The Difference?
- The Silicon Valley elite’s latest status symbol: Chickens
- UMaine Cooperative Extension Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory