Reconnecting People With Nature
Bowdoin College biology professor emeritus Nathaniel T. Wheelwright shares his latest project — a series of videos filmed almost entirely in Wheelwright's backyard that are designed not so much to entertain and astonish, but to encourage mindfulness and curiosity among viewers; to educate and empower them to make their own discoveries about nature. Joining Nat will be Patty Jones, Bowdoin assistant professor of biology and director of the Bowdoin Scientific Station on Kent Island.
Nathaniel T. Wheelwright, Bass Professor of Natural Sciences, emeritus, department of biology, Bowdoin College; co-author, with Bernd Heinrich, of "The Naturalist’s Notebook: An Observation Guide and 5-Year Calendar-Journal for Tracking Changes in the Natural World Around You."
Patty Jones, Ph.D., assistant professor of biology, director of the Bowdoin Scientific Station on Kent Island, Bowdoin College
- "Nature Moments" series of short videos by Nat Wheelwright
- Maine Scientist: Wood Frogs At Risk After Unprecedented Die-Off
- Press Herald: Boom and doom: Squirrel population surges in Northeast, as does roadkill
- WMTW: Biologist creates YouTube series highlighting Maine’s natural playgrounds
- Stressed out by the news? Nature videos will make you happier