Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Ways to Minimize Waste and Maximize Sustainability
Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to think about ways to “reduce, reuse, and recycle” all of our “stuff.” It’s a season of excess packaging, gift wrap, household items and food, so how do we cut down on our environmental impact now and throughout the year?
Katrina Venhuizen, senior environmental educator, ecomaine
Heather Steeves, external communications manager, Goodwill of Northern New England
Alison McKellar, select board member, Camden; board member, Mid Coast Solid Waste Corp., which oversees a “swap shop”; volunteer, NuDay Syria, which sends donated goods to women and children in need in Syria
- China gets tough on US recyclables. How one Maine town is fighting back.
- Ecomaine paper, plastic recycling is jeopardized by everything from old sneakers to lobster shells
- Ecomaine's Waste Hierarchy
- Plastic Film Recycling
- In defense of plastic bags
- Ecomaine's holiday tips
- Ecomaine's do and don't recycling chart
- Mid-Coast Solid Waste Corp: How our Recycling Program Works
- Maine DEP State Solid Waste Management and Recycling Plan 2019 Update
- Goodwill NNE Project Upcycle
- Building Materials Reuse Association