Department of Marine Resources: Commissioner Pat Keliher Discusses Top Marine Resources Issues
From right whale protection and lobster regulations to aquaculture, seaweed, and elver fishig, we'll discuss the top marine resource issues facing Commissioner Pat Keliher in the year 2020.
- Pat Keliher, was first appointed Maine Resources Commissioner in 2012. He was re-appointed by Governor Mills in 2019. He previously worked as a registered Maine hunting guide and charter boat captain. He also served as Executive Director of the Coastal Conservation Association of Maine, and, as the Executive Director of the Maine Atlantic Salmon Commission.
- Ben Martens, Executive Director, Maine Coast Fishermen's Association
- Commissioner To Lobstermen: Maine's Plan For Reducing Whale Entanglements Is Best Option
- Maine Officials Submit New Lobster Fishing Gear Proposal To Feds
- Sara Rademaker is letting little eels get big in Maine
- Working waterfront bill passes House
- NOAA closes investigation into close call between cruise ship and whales
- DMR Gives Initial OK To Oyster Farm Expansion, Despite Concerns From Landowners, Lobstermen
- For the Maine coast, 2019 was the year of the fish