Medical Update: Surging Covid Cases, Pending Vaccine, More Testing & New Treatments
We talk with medical experts about what is causing the surge in Covid-19 cases, new recommendations on preventing transmission, advances in testing and treatments, and what the latest vaccine developments mean for Mainers.
Dr. Herb Cushing, chief medical director, Spectrum HealthCare
Dr. Edison Liu, president and CEO, The Jackson Laboratory
- Maine's COVID-19 Vaccine Allotment Not As Dire As Initially Feared
- The World Watches as Russia and Britain Lead the Way in Mass Vaccinations
- 1st Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine To Be Administered This Week In The U.K.
- During the pandemic holidays, be aware of the limits of what the coronavirus tests can do
- GSU researchers say new drug completely suppresses COVID-19 transmission
- For Covid Long-Haulers, a Little-Known Diagnosis Offers Possible Treatments—and New Challenges
- Doctors Are Skeptical of Pricey Drug Given Emergency Approval for Covid
- Is 'Natural Immunity' From COVID Better Than a Vaccine?
- 'Immunity passports' are already here. But they come with warnings