The actor from Maine, best known as "McDreamy," the heartthrob surgeon on the TV medical drama Grey's Anatomy, joins us to talk about his latest work with the Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope and Healing in his hometown of Lewiston. He started the center in 2008 in honor of his mother, Amanda Dempsey, who died of ovarian cancer in 2014. The center's well-known run/walk/cycle Dempsey Challenge is on Sept. 28-29.
Dempsey will also discuss his Maine roots, his career, and his involvement with race car driving.
- Patrick Dempsey, television and film actor, race car driver, founder of the Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope and Healing in Lewiston; grew up in Buckfield, Maine, where he excelled in juggling and skiing
- Wendy Tardif, Executive Director, Dempsey Center
- Services at the Dempsey Center
- The Dempsey Center in Lewiston
- “Patrick Dempsey on the Power of Fame, Giving Back to New England”
- Dempsey Center gives couple peace of mind
- A peek into Patrick Dempsey's car racing world
- "The Art of Racing in The Rain" - Behind The Scenes
- Patrick Dempsey Talks About His Newest Film: The Inspiring Story Of Race Car Driver Hurley Haywood
- Firefighters and cancer