Yoga: The Growing Interest and Ways to Practice
The popularity of yoga continues to grow, and some tout the health benefits—for young and old—that can come from this physical, mental and spiritual practice.
- Tisha Bremner, founder and teacher of Inner Light Yoga of Maine and Maine School of Yoga in Lewiston; certified yoga therapist
- Andrea Gleason, event director, Maine YogaFest; owner of Scarborough Yoga
- Maine moose becomes one with yoga retreat group in Waldoboro
- How to Get Started with Yoga
- WebMd: Which Style of Yoga Is Best for You?
- Huffington Post: There Are So Many Kinds Of Yoga. This Chart Can Help.
- 'Every Body Yoga' Encourages Self-Love And Everyone To Get On The Mat
- Calm & Alert: Yoga and Mindfulness Practices to Teach Self-Regulation and Social Skills to Children
- Time: Yoga Works as Well as Physical Therapy for Back Pain
- Teaching students how to combat traumas of poverty on the yoga mat
- Exercise and Mental Health: How Do They Correlate?
- Maine Laughter Yoga & Laughter Yoga to ease pain
- Sea Change Yoga - bringing yoga access to more people
- Liberation Institute and Yoga Alliance
- Rough Translation: Why Many Muslims In India Feel Yoga Has Been Weaponized
- Is My Yoga Cultural Appropriation? What to Do About It