Youth Homelessness: How Do Young People Cope With Homelessness in Maine?
Homelessness among young people is on the rise in Maine. In conjunction with the series that Maine Public reporter Robbie Feinberg is doing on this issue, we examine the issue of youth homelessness in Maine, how big of a problem it is, and what’s being done to address it.
Chris Bicknell, executive director, New Beginnings
Daniella Cameron, senior director of teen and anti-trafficking services, Preble Street
Sean Scovil, clinical director, Community Care
Gayle Erdheim, Maine Department of Education
- 'Finding A Way' series on youth homelessness
- New Beginnings programs
- Maine Department of Education homeless education
- National Coalition for the Homeless youth homelessness
- Opportunity Alliance homeless youth services
- New Report on Youth Homeless Affirms that LGBTQ Youth Disproportionately Experience Homelessness
- Report Finds That Many Mainers Struggle With Food Insecurity