Military Appreciation: What is Being Done for Current and Veteran Military Mainers
This is a rebroadcast of an earlier show (original air date May 14, 2019); no calls will be taken.
We discuss the challenges facing veterans and military families, and the support services available, in a state with no active military bases.
Travis Mills, quadruple amputee, veteran and veteran advocate.
Chaplain Col. Andrew Gibson, JFHQ Chaplain & Deployment Cycle Support, Maine Army National Guard
Paul Tormey (by phone), Bangor Savings Bank senior treasury and payment services officer, served in the U.S. Army as an armorer and training noncommissioned officer with the 415th Military Intel Battalion, deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
David Richmond (by phone), director, Maine Bureau of Veterans’ Services
- Maine Veterans’ Benefits and Resource Guide
- Maine Military Family Assistance Center, or 888-365-9287
- Travis Mills Foundation
- Miles For Mills 2019
- Travis Mills Foundation Plane Pull 2019
- Maine Military & Community Network 2019 Annual Conference
- Maine Army National Guard Family Program Office
- Maine Military & Community Network
- Easterseals Maine