Fiber Optic: The Power and Potential of Fiber Optics To Transform Communities
Author Susan Crawford's new book describes how fiber optic connections will enable us to send unlimited amounts of data, leading to radical advances in what we can do in health care, education, agriculture and daily communications.
She explains how giant corporations in the United States have held back the infrastructure improvements necessary for the country to move forward, and she describes how a few cities and towns are fighting to bring the fiber optic revolution to their communities.
Susan Crawford, John A. Reilly Clinical Professor, Harvard Law School; author, "Fiber: The Coming Tech Revolution And Why America Might Miss It."
Rob Souza (by phone), president and CEO, OTELCO
Kerem Durdag (by phone), chief operating officer, GWI
- A Complete Guide to Fiber Optic Internet
- Maine ConnectME Authority
- Maine Ranks Last In New England For High Speed Internet Access
- To Preserve Rustic Way Of Life, Maine Islanders Clamor For Modern Internet Access
- Rural Maine communities taking lack of broadband into their own hands
- "The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming"