Child Care in Maine: Identifying the Problems and Innovative Programs & Solutions
This show is part of Maine Public's Deep Dive Special Series on child care in Maine.
We wrap up Maine Public's special child care series with a conversation about challenges and priorities for child care in Maine. What are some potential solutions or paths forward? What is being done elsewhere that is a model for our state? And are there policies or programs that show promise for alleviating the child care crisis?
Mark your calendar! Join the Maine Public news department for a community discussion around Maine Public's Deep Dive on child care in Maine on 5:30-7 p.m. Monday, July 8, at the Portland Public Library Rines Auditorium at 5 Monument Square. Hosted by Patty Wight, Maine Public's reporters will meet to discuss what was learned and next steps surrounding the issues that were touched on in the series. They will also be there to hear from you and listen to your comments and field your questions.
Sonja Howard, director, Maine Roads To Quality Professional Development Network, University of Southern Maine, Muskie School of Public Service, Cutler Institute for Health and Social Policy
Lori Moses, executive director, Catherine Morrill Day Nursery
Tara Williams, executive director, Maine Association for the Education of Young Children
Rita Furlow (by phone), senior policy analyst, Maine Children's Alliance
Marsha Sloan (by phone), director, Family Futures Downeast
- Maine Roads To Quality Warm Line: (844) 209-5964
- Maine Early Care and Education Training Calendar
- Models For Child Care Success From Maine — And Beyond
- A Maine Cabinet Focused On Children's Issues Convenes For The First Time Since 2010
- Quebec's Child Care System Pays For Itself. So Why Aren't More Provinces Jumping On Board?
- Maine Once Had Public Child Care. What Happened To It?
- Looking For Child Care? In Maine, You're Pretty Much On Your Own.
- Can Maine Build A Quality Child Care Workforce?
- Maine Calling: 'Deep Dive' Special Series Looks At Child Care in Maine
- Out Of Reach: Maine's Child Care Affordability Problem
- Waitlists Surge Amid High Demand, Closing Providers
- Maine Public Tell Me More Tour
- Maine Public Deep Dive