Feb. 21: A New Poll Ahead Of Super Tuesday + Changes To The Indian Land Claim Settlement
On this week’s episode of Maine's Political Pulse, Morning Edition host Irwin Gratz and political reporters Mal Leary and Steve Mistler discussed a new statewide poll that gives us an early look at the electoral landscape as we head into Super Tuesday and the Democratic presidential primary. As Leary points out, there's also some cautionary information for Republican Senator Susan Collins, who appears to be in a virtual tie with Sara Gideon, one of the Democrats seeking to challenge her in November.
The team also talked about the Indian Land Claim Settlement and a bill in the legislature to overhaul it.
- Colby Poll: Bernie Sanders Leads In Maine, Susan Collins And Sara Gideon In Dead Heat
- 6 Takeaways From The Nevada Democratic Debate
- Maine Lawmakers Consider Changes To Act That Would Alter Tribal-State Relationship
- From January: Task Force Report Calls For Sweeping Changes To Maine Tribes' Relationship To State Government
- June 2019: Mills Signs Bill Designed To Protect Maine Tribal Nations' Fishing Rights
- Battle Lines Drawn In Fight Over Vaccination Exemptions In Maine
Maine's Political Pulse was produced this week by Willis Ryder Arnold. Caitlin Troutman is the digital producer. The theme music was performed and recorded by Rob Holt.